Lets take a quick look at the things todo when we have a wet phone in/on/at our (hand + mind).
Do NOT take your Smart-phone to the bathroom. It shouldn’t drink. It shouldn’t pee. SIMPLE!
Whenever you go to the bathroom (you listening Bro?), make sure you do not carry your phone along.
What on earth can happen? Why can you not be disconnected from the world for just a few minutes (or does it take you longer. Lol. Or maybe it happens because of the device?? …. Hey is it just me or this is our Chicken or the Egg problem!)
BTW, for some people its their outfit that does it and not the deed.
(= think trousers, = think loo … respectively)
Some of our sources report that taking a laptop inside is far more safer (looking at the surface area and stuff you know!!)
Note: We included Before because we still do not understand the space-time-continuum well.
(let’s be a little serious now. Respect to the Dead!? #justkidding)
- Quick! No second thoughts. Just fish the phone out of the [Ahem] well (usage: noun) – bucket – juice?.
- Take a moment and feel bad about what you just did (please include the *act of fishing* here!!)
- Don’t try to Switch it off (it may hardly be conscious anyway. Just don’t try and waste time)
- Dismantle the phone (for Nokia phones I may offer a quicker way: JUST DROP IT from your height)
Sim card and Memory Card(s) may not get severely affected. Battery you need to make sure if its Ok (some people suggest Tongue. Meh!!).
- Find a napkin and wipe/soak any presence of water.
Next 20 minutes>>
- Crucial next 20 minutes! The moisture is supposed to be evaporated gradually. If you hurry at this step, your phone may never see again (or vice versa).
- Putting the phone in the Sun may cause the moisture to route towards the screen and that may cause significant irrevocable damage.
I am not sure but my Milestone didn’t get strong even after sufficient Vitamin D intake.
- Using a blow-dryer may cause the moisture to go even deeper. Not advisable.
- DO NOT MICROWAVE
- On second thoughts, blow-dryer is not really a bad option. Just do not intensify. Also, a warm CPU box can help. ROFL!
- DO NOT switch on the phone yet.
Next 72 hours>>
- This may sound funny but you gotta do it..
Put the body (hehe its dead right?) in a RICE JAR. Yeah just get a big enough JAR (Good Luck with searching for big enough jar for your 5″ wide devices)
- Do make sure that the rice is weevil free (I didn’t check!). Think: Basmati Chaaval.
- Do not take out the phone before 72 hours (3 Days) complete.
- Rice is designed to suck all the moisture from your phone. Just let it do its work.
- Make sure that the Jar is air tight. Some people have even suggested me to put the Jar in the Sun.
after 3 days>>
- Take the phone out of the Rice Jar carefully.
- Doesn’t matter if you are religious, go find the missing battery.
- Put it back inside the device and Boot it up. (I can understand. 24K worth a Brick is not done! Not like THISSSSS!!)
- Make sure everything works fine (Sounds, Vibration, Screen Display)
- If nothing works and you cannot even switch the phone on then Battery may be the cause. Try to Charge it (I didn’t have to go that far. Do it your own risk. I mean of course everything you have done so far is at your own risk. oh! I misplaced the disclaimer!!)
- If all works well then please let me know. I will share the happiness.
Oh! it didn’t work. Sad!! Don’t be disheartened.
Lets go to the Mall Next destination: Service Center!
Forget the warranty.
Alright there is no point hiding this WET incident from your Service Guy. He knows everything.
(There are water sensitive stickers/markers which turn RED and that’s how they know it. They are present even on the Battery! Mahn.)
5 days gone>>
Motorola guy took a decent Non-Refundable amount and said they’ll check the brick and then will get back to me with the estimate.
I am hoping they call tomorrow. Will update soon. (fingers-crossed)
PS: this is my first Non-Technical Blog (or is it?). TOO_MANY_BRACKETS exception. (Haaahaa!!)
Sources: Yeah! I just went to *brush my teeth* 😛 (who knows?); and the research in the wake of the shock; Most of the things mentioned are unverified! Please take caution. Happy
13 K. BAM!!
The entire motherboard will be replaced, he said. [Lesson learned: Shock kills Humor]